How to Add to Blacklist or Whitelist while a Plan is Active
Ever wished you could add websites/apps to the blacklist/whitelist without having to stop the plan? You can actually do that with FocusMe.
Right-Click (Windows) or Command-Click (macOS) on the plan and you should see this popup options:
- Blacklist Site – Click on this to add a website to the blacklist
- Blacklist App – Select this to add a program to the blacklist
- Whitelist Site – Used to add a website to the whitelist
- Whitelist App – Used to add a program to the whitelist
Note: The “Whitelist Site” and “Whitelist App” options are only available either if the plan is stopped, or if they are enabled prior to running the Focus plan.
You can enable Whitelist adding by going to the Protection page (6/6) of the Focus Plan Wizard.
Add to Whitelist options:
- Disable – Disables adding to Whitelist while the plan is running.
- Random Chars – Asks for a random password everytime you want to add to the Whitelist. You can set the length of the password (up to a maximum of 200 characters).
- Password – Asks for a password you set whenever you want to add to the Whitelist.
When adding a website or program to the Blacklist/Whitelist, you will see a window like this:
Note: The window pop-up title and type list differs depending on the option you chose.
Adding websites/apps in this method would take effect as soon as you click on “Accept” since the plan is already running.